What to wear during a session? Dun dun duuunnn.
This is such a big topic! And I totally get it! It can be super overwhelming trying to figure out what you should wear, if it should be dressy, what the kids should wear, what colors, there is so much thought that goes into outfits.
I am here to make it easier for you with a few tips!
1) The best tip that I can give you is to wear something that you feel comfortable and yourself in! I know when I am in something that I do not feel “me” in, it can throw me off a little bit. I will focus more energy than I really want to on my outfit. Don’t do that! Wear something that feels you. If that is a fun maxi dress, perfect! If it is jeans and a t-shirt, awesome! If it is a little dressier, so be it! I just want you to feel amazing, it will radiate.
2) Neutrals! I loooovvveee neutrals, and earth tones. You can’t go wrong with them. They look good on everyone, they are easy to match, they will look good in your photos, and they will look good on your wall.
3) For family sessions try your best not to be too matchy-matchy. Instead, try coordinating. Easier said than done, I know. What I mean by this is, instead of all wearing the same shirt and pants, in all the same colors, pick a color scheme (neutrals *nudge*nudge*) and go with that. I feel like the best way to do this is starting with mom. Then use the colors that mom is wearing and coordinate them with dad and the kiddos outfits. So maybe a floral pattern in one of the kids dresses has colors that coordinate with moms’ outfit, and dads shirt goes well with the color of moms dress, for example. If this does not make sense, it’s okay! Click here to visit my Pinterest boards that have some fun ideas for outfits and accessories! (P.S. The photos in the boards are not mine, just things I have re-pinned to give everyone ideas for what to wear!)
4) Newborns are easy peezy! My favorite outfit for a newborn is a diaper. Yep, a diaper! Or a diaper with some cute bloomers over it! I love their little rolls and every little detail! I also feel like there is such a beautiful connection when there is skin to skin. My second favorite outfit is a simple onesie in a, yep, you guessed it, neutral or earth tone. But make sure it is a footless onesie, because I want to be able to take photos of their adorable toes!
5) Always try everything on before your session! Whether it is you or your new little babe! Make sure you love everything and that everything is fitting right!
I hope these tips helped a bit!! Feel free to write me any time if you need help!